PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 06:26
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Quinn has 31 years' experience in the aviation industry, including as manager of air safety investigations at Qantas and as senior vice-president of safety at Emirates.
He has been assisting Captain James, who he has known for two decades, on a voluntary basis – including helping him to regain his pilot's licence.
Mr Quinn was also deputy chief executive of CASA until 2009.
He confirmed that those in the accident were considering taking legal action against Pel-Air.
Quinn's testimony will be interesting, however will his testimony be unbiased? After all he did get pineappled by The Skull and has no doubt been itching for payback. I just hope Quinn also goes after other senior people who contributed to his being stitched up by Mr Skull. But in my opinion to rely on Quinn's testimony alone is risky. Anybody who knows him well would know what I am talking about.
An independent safety expert, Bryan Aherne, told the committee today that he believed Captain James had been "singled out grossly unfairly".
He said the draft reports had "been completely changed" from the final report, "where we go from one situation where the operator [Pel Air] had limited oversight of its operations, and it was completely changed, to the operator complied".
"We need to have transparency into how the ATSB came to that finding in such a short time," he said. "CASA and the ATSB must necessarily co-operate but it doesn't mean they lie in the same bed."
Mr Aherne also said that the ATSB had not mentioned in its final report the failure of the plane's lifejacket lights. "How that information is omitted is bizarre," he said.
Again, Aherne has worked for both CASA and ATSB and he is also somewhat a disgruntled ex employee who particularly dislikes CASA. His partner is part owner in a company that took legal action against CASA and won so I can't help but wonder what all of his motives may be?

Either way, the fireworks may be thrilling, so it may be time to buy some beer, grab some popcorn and invite some mates (and maybe even Flyingfiend) around to watch the action.
One thing is for sure, there will be more lies, spin and enough pony pooh spread to adequately cover the South Pole!!