PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glasgow Airport - JET 2 smoke in cockpit - emergency services called
Old 21st Oct 2012, 21:47
OntimeexceptACARS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shame on many of you

To all of you who have dissed passengers on this flight, to all of you who have called real people stupid, or any other similar term, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Passengers should have respect for the crews, but crews should have respect for their passengers too, as someone posted earlier. That way everyone stays in a job and good businesses will grow.

Think again : what would YOUR mother or father do, if they are over 60?

Incidentally, as self confessed SLF who worked airside for a number of years, I don't know either if an A319/20/21 has a slide from the wing emergency exits. I knew the B737 series didn't. And I usually pay attention to briefings, having read extensively about aviation safety.

When people are out of their comfort zone, panicked, stressed, they do things that are often not rational. Are you the same people who called the AF447 crew stupid? Were they stupid?

Kudos to the crew, for everyone got off. Manchester taught (hopefully) all crews that it could have been a different outcome, very quickly. The attitude of some folks on here is appalling. Though as a Glaswegian, the humour made me laugh too