PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cayman Islands Registration
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2012, 19:33
HermanTheGerman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cayman Islands Registration

Hi there, I am really frustated. Last year I bought an aircraft for a private owner, I was employed by him with saying "once per year simulator training". We put the aircraft on cayman's register and everything went well.
When our annual check came up the owner cancelled everything (contract with training organisation was already signed) and we did the checkride on the aircraft. That was in nov. 2011. In the meantime I received many emails from Caymans authority, telling me about OTAR 125 requirements and that we need annual sim-training and and and. So I told the owner many times about that and that we need the training- and in the end I got fired. Then I called Caymans asking why nobody cares and why the new pilot can have his validation although he never saw a sim- and the answer was "well indeed we insist on annual sim training but we don't check it". Right now the aircraft is still flying, no sim training at all, I don't care anymore because I go twice per year now with my new employer- but all in all that is not right. The conclusion is- if I ever buy an aircraft again, it will never go on Caymans register. What is your experience?