PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missing Lad from HMS Westminster - Wife kicked out of MQs
Old 21st Oct 2012, 15:54
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genstabler and all

I really do not want to get into an argument over something as tragic as this story.

But, I was just trying to highlight something that I feel is wrong, very wrong.

As I said earlier the man has not been confirmed as dead and it was only a few weeks ago that his Captain said "Our thoughts and prayers remain with his family."

As for:

There is a comprehensive care and support structure which kicks in.
Following a recent suicide of a member of the Armed Forces here in South Wales and an investigation into the support given to seriously injured servicemen and families of servicemen killed there is still along way to go to provide the support they need.

If you wish to slate me off for showing support for the family of a serviceman who I feel has been treated wrongly, then that is your right. And yes there is a degree of emotion; I know the lad that told me very well indeed and he and the crew of HMS Westminster feel sick and helpless over what has happened. He is a serving member and I used to be. I feel his pain….is that wrong?

But as you all say "The rules are the rules"
Just a shame that other incidents of far less hurt and pain, but normally of a politically correct nature, make the headlines and action happens.

PS, I can assure you my career was not sheltered