PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missing Lad from HMS Westminster - Wife kicked out of MQs
Old 21st Oct 2012, 14:45
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I am sorry but I disagree. As far as I am concerned it is a despicable act. It is not known if he is dead (although, sadly I would agree he probably is).

6 months is no time at all and if it is happening to the wives/partners of those killed in Afgan (or previously in Iraq) then it is wrong.

After 30 years in the RAF, I knew quite a few people over the years that were killed because of one reason or another and I did not know of any wife that was even asked to vacate their MQ. They left when they were ready and received all the support they needed.

I also knew many individuals who left the RAF, became unemployed, but managed to keep their MQs because they had nowhere to go! Not sure I agreed with that one!!!

By the way “kicked out” was the term used by the lad of HMS Westminster and the whole crew are absolutely sick with the decision.

To be quite frank the two comments above are heartless and so typical. The wife and three kids are in pieces and there should be plenty of support for them, not a bloody rule book.