PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QLINK to get a new Manager Standards and Development (CAR 217 leadership)
Old 21st Oct 2012, 12:27
Normasars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Teggun,

I would assume that this "management structure" that you are talking about would not be an "absolute fortune" as you state.

It is quite possibly the case that these individuals that have been appointed are on the same salary(or a tad more; not a fortune more) than their predecessors. The funny thing about these positions is that people do them for SFA because it empowers them and makes them feel important amongst the rank and file; kind of a power trip if you will.

So how many actual positions have been created as opposed to replacements? Obviously the incumbents were way out of their league. Some here have referred to it as "The Bankstown Aeroclub", and having worked there for the best part of a decade, tend to agree with the assumption. Something had to give.

All I say is this. The new management structure was needed. People see this as an opportunity to mark their own turf; become a big fish in a small pond as opposed to the small fish in a bigger pond. But knowing the Company well enough to comment, I can guarantee you that these folk are not getting paid a fortune. After all we are talking about QLINK are we not?