PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Problem connecting an iPad to a wireless network
Old 20th Oct 2012, 22:22
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem connecting an iPad to a wireless network

An elderly friend recently moved into an old people's home and the family bought her an iPad so she could remain in touch with the world. She asked me, (very much a 'dark side' man), to set the iPad up so she clould send emails etc.

I've coped with the unfamiliar Apple procedures without too much difficulty, but have struck (what I think may be) a problem with her connectivity to the outside world. At my place, where I did much of the setting up, the iPad seamlessly connects with my wireless network, but at the old people's home, it goes into what I'd describe as a 'loop', finding the home's wireless network, accepting the password, but the little circular 'connecting...' icon to the left of the network name remains, ... and remains... and remains.

Instead, it connects through Telsta 3G. Which leads to my first question: connecting through the Telstra 3G rather than the (free) wireless network, is she paying for all her online time on her phone account?