PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus
Thread: Astraeus
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2002, 04:19
InFinRetirement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very well put £6, but careful thought must be exercised in expanding the original concept of the fund.

[quote]Difficult to achieve; perhaps it is a use for the PPRuNe fund. However, I would beware of waving certificates about, there is very little that can replace the performance on-the-day, be it in interview or the simulator. OK, it's a burning hoop to jump through, but they appear every 6 months in the actual job as well........<hr></blockquote>

It is important to remember that the fund is intended to help just a mere two or three "types" of wannabe. We have just helped one type, the frozen ATPL holder. Now we must look to assisting the lower end of the spectrum where the completed PPL holder is building hours and requires a leg-up to his or her ATPL. This is a commitment in the original concept and must be faithfully carried through. Indeed, I am working on this at the moment based upon a very generous gift of groundschool courses, and I expect to have a plan available by the middle of the year for implementation by the autumn.

In any event, the fund has been reduced by almost 50%, and will take a few months to build again. This, naturally, imposes very distinct limitations on its further use at the present time.

This is not to say that new ideas cannot be considered, but for the time being, realistically, that is the case.