PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Michael, victim of the 9'11 phobia
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2003, 21:19
Grandpa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry I'm late on this topic, but I didn't read there what I want to tell you.
I signed the petition for Michel.............
........not because I think he is not guilty..........
........not because he is French like me.
No. I put my name on this list because I was convinced the Justice of United States had not been fair with him.
I was surprised, when I red the previous posts about him, of the number of people who have an idealistic vision of the way in which justice is delivered in USA.
Don't you know that people who where obviously guilty have been cleared only because they had enough money to recruit the best lawyers?
Don't you know that a lot of people ( mainly poor and black) have been judged guilty - and often sentenced to death - while they where innocent, but too poor to afford a good lawyer?
If you have the occasion to watch a documentary film shot in the States, which won an Oscar last year ( sorry for the title.....it's Aloysius fault), you will see how enquiries are often conducted without any professionalism : in that case a young black had been convinced of murder and he had acknowledged under high pressure, but fortunately for him his lawyer was a good one.
Sure, nowhere is justice perfect, and it has a big amount of progress to do in many parts of the world , especially in USA.