PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIRBUS New QRH (2012-RCAM) - ENG Fail (No Damage) LDG Dist calculation
Old 20th Oct 2012, 18:04
Airmann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Microburst I deleted my last post, but you posted before it disappeared. I took a look at the procedure and it made more sense to me.

I am new to the Airbus so forgive me if the question is a little naive, but it seems that after pushing the Fire PB you lose the ability for the opposite eng to supply anything via XBleed. The procedures show that x-bleed should be shut as soon as the Fire PB is pushed? Why is this, is it just the way the air is fed when supplied via the opposite side? I understand that you need to shut off everything that is connected to the damaged engine. But whats stopping the other engine from still supplying bleed air to the wing anti-ice or the pack on the opposite side?

Also, with flap 3 I thought the computer automatically calculated the additional VLS, so the pilot doesn't need to make any changes. If it were the case on the 330 that you needed to add knots due to the flap 3 Config on engine out you would also need to do so during a normal flap 3 landing as well?

Last edited by Airmann; 21st Oct 2012 at 02:54.