PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA8113 Wednesday 17th October MAN - LHR. Thank you!
Old 20th Oct 2012, 12:00
bannercounty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tight Slot, to be honest I don't know for sure but on a previous personal experience with the same carrier flying from JFK to SNN I was in the last row of business class trying to sleep but the crew positioned directly behind me with gossip in full flow. After a half hour I asked very politely could they be a little quieter or move somewhere else. I was practically reprimanded and told that for the rest of the flight I would not be given any alcohol due to my aggressive behaviour and if I were to persist the Captain would be informed and a possible restraint would ensue. I was gob smacked and didn't even respond. I never ever have alcohol before, after or during a flight.*
The carrier up to 10-12 years ago was brilliant but has definitely changed for some reason. I can remember being on transatlantic crossings with music, song and dance in full flow in economy and encouraged by the crew. Today you cannot look sideways at them.*

So back to my previous post and your bemused question relating to same. Why else would they not permit me to move from the mid section of the aircraft when there were no other passengers on board. At the time I felt that maybe they will use any excuse to cancel the flight because the return leg would probably have an abysmal load also. Granted if they did want to cancel they could have easily said that the aircraft had gone "tech" but at the time that did not cross my mind.*