PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Union skirmish now personal
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2012, 11:44
Worrals in the wilds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah, they're managers, on big fancy packages that are so fancy they can't tell anyone the details. That's because they're individually negotiated and when you hear some of the details from some of the individuals they're just not that fancy .

That's okay, because they're much more important than you are. They won't dare call in sick, they won't dare take their annual leave and they'll work sixty hour weeks for a salary package factored on thirty eight, but they're doing great, just ask them.

The 'all unionists are crims' argument is like the 'all priests are peds' argument; pervasive, popular with the cool set and competely untrue. Never let that get in the way of a good story though, particularly at EBA time when the whole management 'team' has been off to seminars about how to divide and conquer their stoopid workers.
Unions | directory.actu.org.au
The majority of unions listed above that haven't been accused of rorting, that aren't big and newsworthy and that consistently do their thing for their members.
I'm all for everyone getting a fair go and fair pay for the work they do but i for one am sick and tired of the disgraceful and sometimes criminal behaviour of some Unions. They are detrimental to workers, the company and our economy as a whole.
Absolutely correct and so are a bunch of due paying people. That doesn't make the majority guilty. Show me another way that the relatively uneducated worker can stand against his/her company's HR experts and finance gurus when it comes to pay and conditions time and I'll support you. In the meantime, my experience with non-union worker representative groups is that they bow to the first pressure, buy all the corporate BS thrown at them and sell their group up the garden path out of fear and ignorance. I'm not referring to professional associations or half breeds like the ALAEA, but the token 'representative' group that exists in many non unionised companies that is frequently hand picked by HR so as to cause the least trouble for the company.

IME the MO is to find a bunch of scared neurotic people who really want promotion but aren't capable. Stick 'em on a committee and tell them they're important, then tell them what the company wants and why they have no choice.

Just my experience.

Last edited by Worrals in the wilds; 20th Oct 2012 at 11:53.