PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All you need to Know about DGCA CPL Conversion (DOs & Donts)
Old 20th Oct 2012, 09:39
K.O.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey DJ,

I wanted to ask what these certificates are supposed to look like? One piece of paper that celebrates getting 200 hrs TT etc? or will one letter including all of the certificate items be enough if its endorsed by the chief pilot. I got really funny looks from the people who work in the flight department of my university when i told them about the requirements. Their initial answer was "we don't do that here". Do the nice people at the DGCA just need PROOF of what we've done and so they asked for a cert? also, wouldn't it be clear as day, that you meet the requirements if its all in your logbook? i managed to get that sealed and signed by the chief pilot too. what are "all details" on a cross country supposed to be? Is the flight school that I went to supposed to use the CA40 form for all my checkrides? can i substitute it with something in-house? CA39 verification by my CFI...I had 8 over 2 years. what do i do with that? I'm sure there are quite a few pilots out there who have done their training in the states, who know how incompatible the Indian system is with the high functional, easy to understand american system. Any clarification would be good. btw...theres a new conversion flow chart out. http://dgca.nic.in/circular/FCL1_2012.pdf
explains a couple this more clearly. i don't know why India has to be special and won't believe the legitimacy of training provided in other countries.

cheers, happy landings.