PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Large vs small flying schools
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2001, 21:41
TheNavigator

Hi,

One of the main reasons is that they seemed to be the most friendly and willing to hear my own views regarding the flight training.

The other reason seems to be the fact that you can use more of the hour building phase to achieve other ratings (Night rating, Complex aircraft, Multi Engine) which may save some training costs. Also, they showed that it is possible to do the IR module before the CPL which in my opinion is a good idea. First it saves some costs. To do the IR you don't need to have the 150 hours or so required for the CPL. You can do the IR at about 80 hours (need to be structured though). In addition the IR would allow you to be airborne more often in the UK weather. Some people might say that this is to much early advanced flying but with commitment and hard work I can't see any problems with this.

Then somewhere between this and the start of the CPL module, start the ATPL ground school as you need that for the CPL I think.

These ideas might not be accurate in terms of the hours required but the idea is there.

Finaly, they seemed to be very positive about following the Instructor Route.

Hope this helps

TheNavigator