PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Poor guys, never stood a chance
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2012, 21:04
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do feel sorry for those poor guys that died in that helicopter. They died in horrific circumstances doing a job that they were told to do. They had mothers, fathers and probably wives, daughters and sons. I am sure that if somebody had told them 3 years ago that they would die bombing people in their own country, they would never have believed them.

When I read some of the comments here it makes me realise that humanity really has not got a chance.

Subtle brainwashing, Political Correctness and media distortion of the truth has confused so many people. They really have no idea what is good or what is bad, what is right and what is wrong. They do not know who the good guys are and who the bad guys are.

They forget history very quickly (if they ever knew it in the first place??). Just look at the very recent history of the Middle East and who has been good or bad in the last 20 years.

When a story first breaks and it is not clear which way it will go people are silent and hesitant to comment, yet when they think they know what is happening (because they have read the newspapers or watched the news) they are quick to comment and quick to judge. It makes them feel important and superior over those that have yet not commented. And so it goes on along the chain.

Very few people of the masses actually have their own opinions, they merely respond to others who happen to be in positions of influence.

But what really frightens me is people’s reluctance to question anything that might be interpreted as being politically incorrect. The word “pathetic and weak” springs to mind, but even worse it will only ultimately end in tears for the whole of humanity.