PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2012, 15:34
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ORK need to get FRA from EI, BUD from W6/FR and possibly PRG from W6 which would greatly improve links from the airport.
Frankfurt has to be the top destination the marketing team are focusing on. However I don't see what connections from Budapest and Prague are so significant to those that already exist through Amsterdam, London, Munich and Paris etc. Frankfurt opens up lots of transit and thats why its needed. Budapest and Prague would be heavily reliant on the migrants that seek work in this country and those who are already here. A few years back both those destinations were quite heavily used by Irish passengers for the weekend breaks we could then afford, there was very little transit through Prague, Malev had some success with Budapest. Aer Lingus drove CSA off Prague before cutting it when loads collapsed, Malev dropped Budapest because they lacked commercial sense.

I think all the hype of getting Aer Lingus on Frankfurt needs to be thought about, do we really want a carrier with virtually no bookable onward connections to operate the route when we could get Lufthansa to open the route and see them grab much more transit passengers. I believe the latter.

Cork needs a lot kore then 3 or 4 new EU routes. Increased frequency I mean Munich should be at least 4 times a week . Newcastle should be min 3 times a week all year around etc new UK routes or reinstated such as Southampton etc its always been said that Belfast City has to be brought back even Aer Arann said it was profitable.
Are you serious? do you think Aer Lingus are commercially inept? Munich is 3x weekly because it can only support 3 flights a week. Newcastle is 2x weekly because it can only support 2 flights a week. This is going back to basic economics, where demand exists it will be supported. Where there's not it won't be. Belfast nor Southampton will be back for a few years, Aer Arann can't seem to justify new aircraft at the moment and until that happens we won't see those routes back.