PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Statins - miracle or menace?
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2012, 21:12
40&80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Berti....I read this report is based on people with...No known CAD.
I was told Statins are part of the NHS golden treatment for people who...
Have Known CAD.
If you have had a heart attack I am again told you have CAD.... plus... also...you would then have had angiography...so the consultant knows what your blockage percentage is and probably he also has a good idea also of your E.F. factor.
A local consultant has described Statins as Drain cleaners...as he has noted their added long term added side effect of reducing arterial blockage.
As I read he is regarded by the USA as amongst the top five cardiologists in the UK...I take my 40 mg of statin daily as instructed.
However I do also experience all the symptoms described above and only since starting on statins eight years ago.
I find the hip pain that comes on having walked 200 yards can be walked through eventually.This pain instantly ceases if walking is stopped.
I have never had hip pain at all peddling 12000 miles on my bike since my heart attack.
So..it is still all a big mystery to me...and I just do as I am told.
For the record I also detest taking the Beta Blockers as I feel the cause me to be depressed just as much as watching the BBC news and Today in Parliament: ok:

Last edited by 40&80; 18th Oct 2012 at 21:18.