PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2012, 20:18
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
fringtok:

Sunfish,

I haven't got the time, but I'd love to know the number of times, in your many thousand posts, you've predicted the end of Qantas? Or that it was about to be taken over by private equity? Or that the entire world economic system was on the brink and about to teeter over the precipice? Ever heard of the boy that cried wolf? It's wearing thin.
I've neve said "Qantas is going to end" what I have consistently said, is that Qantas, as a publicly owned and traded stockmarket entity that is the national flag carrier for Australia is going to end. Qantas is going to end up as a brand name for someone else or a privately owned entity bent on screwing the life out of Australian consumers.

Evidence? WTF do you think the APA bid was?

WTF do you think the deliberately cruel and unusual treatment of Qantas staff is about -which continues to this day? Do you think that is sustainable?

WTF do you think the Alan Joyce lunches with Geoff Dixon were about?

WTF do you think the sudden Red Q rush of blood, followed by its abandonment, was about?

WTF do you think the grounding of the airline was about?

WTF do you think the tie up with Emirates is about?

WTF do you think the angry comments of John Singleton were about?

WTF do you think VB is doing so well?

Fringy baby, these are not the actions of a Board and management group that are bent on creating sustainable shareholder value, let alone any competitive level of customer satisfaction.

As for the world economy, it is collapsing as we watch: Ireland, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Italy and more to follow. The U.S. "fiscal cliff" approaches with massive programed spending cuts. Just read the IMF latest report. We have also had the second self immolation this month - an unemployed man set himself on fire in front of the Quirinale today. There is over 25% unemployment in Spain and Greece.

Talk to the stockbrokers, mine tells me that trading volume is pitiful because even the mums and dads have worked out what is happening by now.

If you think the future for Qantas is rosy and so is the world economy then I have a bridge to sell you.

Last edited by Sunfish; 18th Oct 2012 at 20:19.