PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Squadron History Custodian Requests Help
Old 18th Oct 2012, 19:02
seafuryfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zetec2 , DaveReidUK, & leesaranda, thank you all for your posts.

Leesaranda, yes, I am the present custodian for the photo collection and most of it is intact. I came across some correspondence from Joe Warne (who you will know did much of the reseach), written I think in the 70's as he laments the pilfering of some photos, mainly of the jet age, probably of the finest air-to-air images () and it is these sort of photos I am after. They need to good enough to stand blowing up to 16" x 12".

You might be interested to know that I have digitised Joe's entire body of work (well over 1000 pages, apart from that which the scanner could not 'understand', such as typed records of aircraft numbers etc) and this work has been very helpful in assisting my research for each photo. I am now near completion of some 40 images, together with quotes, airframe stories etc. to accompany them. As it is all electronic, my plan is to make it available for all to see online after framing is finished on a Sixty sqn 'under construction' site.

The Basset, Devon and two Herons Zetec absolutely spot on, yes please, these are quiet rare to find in our archives (well, decent large photos).

Davereid, do you know where I can get a hi res Andover photo such as the one in your post?

[email protected]

Many thanks, Rick