PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2012, 11:40
Olive61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi TIMA9X

Many thanks for the post. As a customer, I have experienced and witnessed all that you have posted, and there have been many posts here expressing similar sentiments to yours and providing many other examples.

I said ….
QANTAS product delivery is not a matter of ‘passenger perception/expectation’ – it is a matter of comparison – comparison with what a significant number of other carriers offer and deliver. Unfortunately for so many, QANTAS doesn’t cut it anymore.

He said….
Bethune quickly made his mark on the carrier recognizing that a good airline was defined by customer satisfaction, not just cost per available seat mile.

I think I very very much agree with Mr Bethune, and I also think it is clear that he was proven correct.

The demise of the QF product and my decision not to continue with QF was no hasty decision. It was an evolving process over several years. Eventually I gave up and went elsewhere. If I think the VW Golf suits my purpose and my wallet, I can’t see the point in purchasing a Lada, which I don’t like, in the hope that someone will come along and fix up all the bits I don’t like. Dysfunction has been defined as repetition of the same process, with the expectation that there will be a different outcome.

As I have said before, I have many friends and colleagues at QF, and I hope they can fix it. How you define ‘they’ is arguable, but it must start at the top, and that clearly isn’t happening with the current brood of well heeled nomads and mercenaries.