PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Academy...really added value for job later?
Old 18th Oct 2012, 11:39
Brutal

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
It's the name that will get you contacts and possible jobs....However, ANY school where a student can keep paying for more and more training and testing until they pass has MAJOR pitfalls...and the school will not say, enough is enough, maybe you should think of another career, they have no morals WHATSOEVER and are a business afterall. BA does have a good groundschool, and as mentioned the name is what will get you a job, but remember this is not the Bristow training school of old, being trained by EXPERIENCED pilots, that can really teach and pass on knowledge/experience etc, most of the instuctors have NO experience, so as an employer I would find out where and who trained my prospective employee, and I don't care if it was at the BA or not! There are other flight schools,(someone mentioned above) where the instructors are ex military or experienced pilots etc and I would rather employ from one of these than the BA. (again, depends who the students instructor was, how many hours they took to gain a PPL and CPL etc)
The BA does produce good pilots too, but, I have also seen some ex BA pilots now flying after getting a position JUST because they went through BA, and the only reason they are still flying today is because the captains they fly with have NOT LET THEM CRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is not the job of a captain to come to work and have their workload trebled by having to watch everything these co-jos do...they are meant to be part of the crew not a hindrance to it...they are meant to be PROFESSIONALS!!!!!!!!! If you cannot fly then have the decency to get another job before you KILL someone!!!!!!!!!!!
Rant over..........................