PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2012, 09:14
TheWholeEnchilada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Olive, I can see where you are coming from as a customer, you just want a great product - the front line staff for the most part do as well.

Consider the possibility that management have been actively and deliberately sabotaging the product for their own nefarious ends. Was the illegal lock-out (under the guise of a "safety shutdown") of the ENTIRE AIRLINE an appropriate and proportionate response given actions taken by the unions up to that point?
How about the alleged losses incurred by International (an unreported business segment in any public published accounts), and then the "terminal decline" of the international business (QF ACCC submission on EK) necessitating the non-equity takeover of Qantas by Emirates?

Is there a chance, just a small chance that there has been an act of monumental economic vandalism perpetrated against the customers, staff, shareholders and the duped Australian public? Is is also possible that most staff, are laboring under enormous stress, deliberately induced to reduce resistance for the momentous changes that will reward the senior managers handsomely as they parachute out to the their next venture.

As far as I can see, the front line staff are doing an amazing job given their contrived circumstances. If it wasn't for the grit and tenacity of many individuals, this operation would have been in the ditch many years ago. I believe the front line staff have kept this operation going in spite of the management.

the greatest impediment to change is the acceptance that change is required.
Is the change required by the staff or management?

You really want to search and read up on Dr Kurt Lewin, father of management psychology and "change management". He came up with the unfreeze -change -refreeze model of group change based on how shell shocked solders were found to be much more easily manipulated during WWII. That is what has gone on here, the deliberate engineering of "shell shock" to railroad change that is not in the interest of any other group except senior management.