PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Designation of Examiners
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2012, 07:18
Stampe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There seems to be a state of shock in the examiners in my area.Most seem to be inactive at present waiting to see the way it all pans out.I think a few in spite of all the publicity some examiners are not fully aware of the enormity of the changes already upon us.Most of my activity in the past has been revalidation/renewal of existing ratings for members of my (non profit making)club on an no charge basis.I am only willing to revalidate on experience at the present in spite of having carried out the EASA (and passed) the adobe examiner training and studied the FEH I am unsure of the necessary procedures to conduct flying tests.I do not intend to increase my activity to include many initials the legal liability threatened by the CAA in their training and the lack of CAA support for examiners is a major deterrence.I anticipate a major shortage of examiners especially given the disestablishment of all the "R" examiners.Given the cost and complexity of maintaining examiner staus versus the hassle and potential legal liability of examining, the renewal decision next time is looking very clear.VBR Stampe