PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2012, 07:08
Olive61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nobody likes bad news and the greatest impediment to change is the acceptance that change is required. QANTAS product delivery is not a matter of ‘passenger perception/expectation’ – it is a matter of comparison – comparison with what a significant number of other carriers offer and deliver. Unfortunately for so many, QANTAS doesn’t cut it anymore. On the issue of comparative safety – it is true and it’s not true. I have operated under about a dozen jurisdictions and trained and checked in most of them. The safety comparison is not true with respect to QANTAS’ main opposition carriers, and it is true of some other operators; but I can’t think of too many of these who significantly compete for QANTAS customers. If QF domestic wasn’t the safest operator in the world, there would be something terribly, terribly wrong – benign climate, low density traffic routes, efficient safety driven English speaking ATC, quality equipment, cultural compatibility, quality maintenance, and monitored compulsory training standards. The overall environment is about as good as it gets worldwide – probably the best.

Whilst I don’t profess to dwell in Sunfish’s lofty circles, I am a frequent J Class traveler. Ignoring gross corporate mismanagement (if you can), one of the premier issues for return business is product delivery, and in very many cases in the high and medium yield world, I have to say that the bad news is that for so many , Sunfish has it nailed.

Last edited by Olive61; 18th Oct 2012 at 10:58. Reason: font size