PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ferranti Helicopters
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2012, 07:00
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shane: These are a wonderful compliment to 'Antonio's' contribution. It is great to see these memory-provoking photos finally coming out of the woodwork so to speak. Bravo!

500 Fan: If you're reading this then I thought I should mention (which I may have done before .. sorry getting old) that it was you who taught me to look out for the rear passenger skylights on the 500 in order to determine if the craft was a military model. Using this piece of detection one surmises that 'ATY' was the ex-Mil model but .. I could be wrong because I've heard it suggested that both of Denis' 500's were military variants! On a side note; did you notice that even when 'AVN' was placed on high skids she had neither rear skid-mounted nor belly steps, making entrance to the rear seats, well .. interesting!

TRC: We shall look forward to those. Yes, upon reflection .. I 'post-scriptively' use the term 'hangar' somewhat loosely, lol!

I think Christian did a better job (in more recent years) on his take of a remote-Scottish-helicopter-home:

The Isle of Eilean Righ off the West Coast of Scotland

The Isle's hangar

MD900 G-SIVR belonging to the Isle's owner, Christian Siva-Jothy

ps: In the hangar shot you will see a line of fluorescent-tube lighting switched on .. totally unnecessary (during daylight hours) if you have transparent roof-panel sections installed (they work a treat). In fact I haven't seen a modern hangar anywhere without them!