Thread: FLY EASA
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2012, 23:43
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,

I did my PPL with Euro American.

My honest advice - Do NOT go with them.

There are 1 or 2 nasty people there for a start. Perhaps this wouldn't be such a bad thing if these people were not the ones running the school, but they are.

The 2nd thing is, the school doesn't care about you very much, just your money. Customer service is really poor. There are a few hidden costs, even though they explicitly say there are none.

I did however meet some great people there who are now my friends. Most of the instructors are good too. They rotate rather quickly there so it's difficult to say if they are still good or not.

If you do go with them, you will get your CPL I'm sure, but whether or not you have a smile on your face in the process is another question.

I was at this school a year ago. Last month I popped round there again as I was doing some hour building with another school in Fort Lauderdale (BEST school ever by the way - SkyEagle Aviation Academy. Check them out. They are only FAA though for now). Anyway, I was even less impressed this time round - the airport is in a rather poor state - grass growing through all the taxiways and ramps, and it looks rather dirty.

I am not saying that it was an awful experience when I was there, but I would expect much better service on the customer front. I would like pilot training to be a great experience - but at EASA it was so-so at times. And the 1 or 2 people that I mentioned at the start, really annoy or depress you at times.

Pay a bit extra, go for a better school. In the end you are likely to spend around the same, as EASA has all sorts of stupid charges like a 5% convenience charge every time you use a credit card to pay and other crap.

Hope this helps.