PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Balmoral downsizing ???
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2003, 12:25
Anonymous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max Torque,

So how was the holiday? Presumably you didn't get caught up in the fires round Sydney?

Maybe you should confirm the meaning of derogatory & the context that my comments were used within. As I said your post struck me as being truly pathetic, there you go, repeated to be sure. Fortunately when the Taleban fell out of favour in Afghanistan they didn't take over the rest of the world so I'm free to express such opinions.

You may well find the idea of subsidies to be hysterically funny, I'm sure those who'se jobs are threatened wouldn't share your mirth.

I'll quote a chunk of your message: "and that is also the position among the other AA people who I have discussed it with. Of course none of us can prove anything, but that's the beauty of a conspiracy theory.
And for the record, I am not currently with AA.
" Presumably you can see how it doesn't make sense? You refer to "the other AA people" and then contradict yourself by saying "And for the record, I am not currently with AA."

Which is true???

I think that your theory regarding the spares issue that Sir Cumference raises not being provable is incorrect. I'd be quite sure that it will, somehow, be provable.

V1 Rotate

Lol! A possibility.....

I'm sure there are several smoking guns lying around & I'd be sure that we won't need Hans Blix to find them! I think therein lies Max Torques problem, he's terrified someone is gonna find them.

I heard some information a few days ago which leads me, independantly of the 'coincidence' of hearing the same figure from different sources, to be very sure that there is some kind of payment to AA. I do also hope that the matter can be resolved & I wish the guys over there the best of luck in doing so.

The people I've discussed this with (including some who will be adversely affected by the whole business) have all said, as have a few people 'here', that if they'd won the contract on a level playing field they'd have had no objections / concerns but there is a concern that this could be the start of a dangerously slippery slope as far a fairness & even competition is concerned.

Regards
Anon