PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2012, 22:03
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote: "Really I know, most of pprune posters know and David Cameron knows that in the end, LHR will have to have it's third runway, or traffic will leach to the continent."

Indeed, even good old Silver knows it!

Quote: "Just my opinion..But LHR has been given permission to make the most of their two runways..How long before LHR gets it's third runway?.

No need to answer..the question is hypothetical..When the Tories are rid of the Liberals."

What happens if (when) the Commission recommends Heathrow expansion? Tories should be shot of the Libdems by then. With luck, we all will!

Quote: " "Well not yet, anyway" is the key here..The government have conceded the trials, they are in a corner.
It's either a third runway and being more flexible about runway utilisation, or Boris Island.

This government no way is going to sanction an expensive pie in the sky airport..So Heathrow IMO will be expanded..The only question is - When?"

It had to happen, they can't have it both ways. They blocked expansion, so something has to give. Pretty obvious really, but it isn't a proper remedy, just a short term panic measure.

Quote: "I fear it will require more than a change of Uk government to get any improvement. Surely the push for T5 had more to do with the desperate need to bulldoze T 1 2 which were so far past there sell by date. T 3 and 4 are fast approaching that and new frontage has done little to improve them. "

LHR-3 (1961) certainly, LHR-1 is newer (1969). LHR-2 (1955) was the oldest by a long way. LHR-4 (1986) still has some mileage left.

Last edited by Fairdealfrank; 17th Oct 2012 at 22:10.