PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Such a simple thing. Backup my phone numbers into the sd card
Old 17th Oct 2012, 19:59
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
That's understood, but I simply assumed the SD card could be a contacts list storage place as well. I say simply, because it would be so handy. For example: Copy all one's UK numbers to a clean SIM from the SD upon entering the UK. And vikki verkie.

Mind you, while addressing another issue, T-Mob in the US, had me do a factory reset of the phone. Everything went TU and after ages of fumbling he told me to go to Motorlola and ask for a new phone!

I've mentioned this before, but it does show how the unwary can lose their entire list with a little help from an idiot with an odd accent. An SD card with full backups would be of great value.

I gather all this can be done with Apps / Goo mail etc. However, I'm loth to send my phone lists into cyberspace and indeed, now I'm on a penny-pinching contract, $50 can disappear in a few days with nothing to show for it. Again, the (separately run) UK T-Mobile, were superb, and refunded money lost in this way. Here in the US, such generosity has not been forthcoming. Also, we have to pay to receive calls! So easy to forget and let one of my kids with limitless minutes ramble for a while and use up a month's money!