PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2012, 17:10
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We might as well just close down then.
and
"Customers such as me, no longer TRUST Qantas to deliver on anything"
sad

Sunny, I enjoy reading most of your posts but, with respect mate, I think many on here sort of got this point from your previous posts...
I for one must be a glutton for punishment, because I have no trouble fronting up for another Qantas flight.. it is still a damn good airline, no doubt about it.. and I have flown the competition recently and regularly for years, more years than I care to remember these days.. ... and in all classes.

With no exceptions, all of Qs competition I have experienced have produced great, average, below standard and bloody awful flights.. exactly the same as Q can... it's the nature of the beast.. which I put down to customer pre conceived expectations.

Today, All major premium airlines are guilty of overstating customer service expectations with the exception of the LCCs. It is my view, things changed for the worst with the advent of the frequent flyer programs. Back then, say the Ansett days for example, their ff program was very generous (star alliance intro period) had some great incentives for all, Y J & F (think that's the only codes they had then).. people really went for it.. wasn't long until customer expectations followed, in fact, ascending to great heights ... over time, the airlines knew they were on a winner and went full steam ahead.. until the bean counters got hold of the idea..

Today we have the haves and have not's. or to put it another way, a double overspeed Platinum green fueled ff card Vers a poooh brown bronze seat 63B cardholder...

There are other people who get caught up in all of this as well, the ones who avoid all of this stuff, have their last cigarette outside, rushing though all the formalities to buy their last non airline can of Coke before heading for the gate... to board a foreign carrier, (they have already left home) chuckle

I can't help thinking, the ff thing has been mismanaged to a point that it has added so much cost to the old established Qantas structure (lots of suits) by trying to keep up with the customer expectations.. enter the LCC model..someone said once, easier for B grade managers to manage an airline with low customer expectations..

As I see it, the bean counters have twisted the whole thing into a belief that it is the cost of the pilots etc , cut slash, burn, rather than procuring the right equipment to satisfy the customer needs. in the Qantas case, they forgot they were managing both models Premium and LCC.. the latter consuming them...

As this is a pilots forum, I think it is not helpful to come on here and say you "no longer trust Qantas to deliver on anything" hell, they deliver every day, and it is highly likely you may offend a dedicated bunch of guys & girls who are passionate about their jobs, their airline and the direction it is heading. What's wrong with that? It's the way it has always been with Australian aviation, particularly Qantas ..

and it wasn't long ago, Sunny, you said" it's finished!" (Qantas) the last time I looked, it was still there... and I will do all I can to support the guys and girls on here doing their gig.

My thoughts, there are a lot average bean counters out there, earning a lot more money than most pilots, in reality, living comfortably off the backs of the said operational staff's good work, shishhh, it's "chicken before the egg stuff..."

I am happy to front up for a Qantas flight, always will, because I am at home, the funny thing is you don't realise it until you return home.. and at home you expect to have good days and bad ones! enter that old saying, "on a good day"...... alas, you feel positive..

that's life, I guess....

(definition bean counter) = people who think numbers before people - inventor, species bonusasurours)

Last edited by TIMA9X; 18th Oct 2012 at 15:37.