PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No more Vulcan from next year
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2012, 08:44
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Betty
Come on guys. Stop knocking the Reds on this thread.
Why can't you just reminisce about the fine Vulcan, and leave the Reds out of it!
The financial link is tenuous in the extreme. The funding is from completely different sources. Or do you, WW, think it comes from one big pot?? Well done you.
I'm still in the mob, and feel the good the Reds do outweigh the negativity you suggest. Why use this as another reason to knock the "poxy Hawks". Nice. Again, well done you.

Go on. Why not put on some great photos of the Vulcan, ones that we can all enjoy. You know it makes sense.
A few years ago the Vulcan made an appearance at the annual Dawlish Airshow. This poor image was shot from my back garden in Torquay.

Not sure what would be achieved by naming the person who might have been responsible for the trashing of those engines, unless it was an act of gross negligence or perish the thought a deliberate act of sabotage. Regarding the last two suggestions, I am sure that is not the case and respect to those that have decided not to name and shame.

Would I prefer to see the De Havilland Mosquito as opposed to this Cold war aircraft? You bet your life I would, a far, far more iconic aircraft which surely has the right to be preserved??