PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2012, 07:50
From Left Field

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LongLats wrote:

I went through flight screening almost 2 years ago and was knocked back. I was pretty gutted but now determined to have another crack at it.

I've since completed a science degree and got my CPL and MECIR along with a frozen ATPL. It'll be 2 years in Feb so I'm going to reapply.

Has anyone experienced or heard of anyone not getting recommended at flight screening and going back a second time to gain entry into the forces? I'm worried my chances of even getting to flight screening again will be reduced because I've already blown my first chance.
Hi LongLats,

From my understanding (and please note that I'm not affiliated with the ADF or PSA, so this reply is open for correction!), you are still welcome to reapply to DFR. However, once you have done the initial DFR steps again, you will then sit only the OSB at Tamworth; you will not redo the flying phase. Once you have completed the flying phase of FSP, your file and scores are kept for any future application (i.e. you only fly at FSP once).

So, you will sit an OSB, psychology assessment, etc. at PSA but it will be your FSP flying scores from 2 years ago that will be considered in your new application.

Remember the flying you have done since (your CPL, etc.) will only be seen by the PSA as a sign of your personal attributes (e.g. determination and perseverance to fly). Only your performance at your initial FSP will be considered in determining your ability to learn in the air.

If your flying at your first FSP was up to scratch, you certainly won't be the first to be rejected, then reapply and succeed. By all means, give it a crack.

Good on you for keeping the dream alive and backing it up with a BSc too! You must have been really cut out making ends meet between uni, work and flying training. I'm sure the ADF would regard this highly in your new application. Best of Luck!

FLF