PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 3 The new beginning
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2012, 06:16
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cavemen

I'm sorry if my use of wording could have been clearer regarding outbound pax. The situation was that I spoke to someone senior at SEN at around 0815, which I think was shortly after the flight plan was cancelled. I mentioned confidentially considerations earlier so I'm not going into details of the exchange between us.

At that time they had heard nothing whatever from OLT, and I feel I must stress this as some people seem to be assuming they knew about the cancellation in advance, although quite why they assume this I cannot fathom. Having this sprung upon them they wanted to ensure that any pax who might arrive at check-in who had not been notified by OLT of the cancellation could be assisted. Obviously in the meantime they were contacting OLT to find out what was going on in order to pass this on to those pax, if any. I hope that makes things a little clearer.

The above has nothing to do with normal procedures and communications between airline and its handling agent, all of which I'm obviously familiar with.

I hope the above clarifies things and also demonstrates that your final comment is way off the mark, much as that might disappoint you.