PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Such a simple thing. Backup my phone numbers into the sd card
Old 16th Oct 2012, 03:56
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Yep, that all works fine. I even keep a backup of me book on the SD card.

Having said that, I erased everything from the SD and formatted it using the phone. I wondered if a foreign formatting might be fooling it.

So, now a phone with a known working and formatted SD card and I simply want my phone lists - commonly known as Contacts - on it.

Via settings, I can unmount the card and check it has 1873MB out of 1874.

Now to get any further functions, I have to go to an APP. This I find odd. I thought APPs were add-ons for children - of all ages. Anyway, manage SIM card gives me options to import and export contacts. Simple.

No mention in the phone or the vast manual gives an option to copy my contacts to the SD card in one simple move. Seems such an obvious omission.

If I use a button on the phone while contacts selected, I can Mange accounts or select Settings. The former takes me to [email protected] It has a lock symbol.

Settings offers me MOTOBLUR ADDRESS book. The green check box does nothing.

It does seem one has to go the g-mail route and indeed send my lists into cyberspace. But I Don't want to!!!!!

In fact, I don't want anything to do with anyone that would name a system, BLUR. It sounds like the noise someone with a coated tongue would make.

The screen is covered with BLUR BLUR BLURS while booting, which this phone seems to do on a whim. Yes I can wait for one and a half minutes to call the cops. Why should I care about 911 calls being called in quickly. Take your time and reboot, why don't ya.

Grief, I hate this phone with a vengeance, but as mentioned, I've stockpiled so many spares during the four replacements, it seems a shame to waste them.

One last thing. This phone was unlocked for me cos we were once a busy customer. In the UK, with a UK SIM, it worked fine. Just another reason to keep it.

(T-Mobile in the UK were very kind to me. They turned off money wasting things and refunded me over £20 to set things straight. All the issues restarted after landing in the US again. But, they carried on when I went to a cheepie phone deal with a new SIM, so it wasn't that. )

Last edited by Loose rivets; 16th Oct 2012 at 04:18.