PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fATPL is only halfway there if that
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2012, 23:07
Jugs08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea I knew the situation and went modularly with no debts.

Then have enough for a TR with FR if needed.

For me the risk of another 50k strapped to my parents house was too much for me to bear to then earn 1200 a month and again ask for them to pay for my living expenses.

Anyone that can justify paying 2x the cost to then be in the same boat as those that spent half is simply an idiot. And they have no business sense.

I'm not saying its wrong to have attrition in an industry but when it's 95% of the time linked to the size of your wallet rather than actual ability or dedication it is wrong. Not even lawyers have this much financial expense as the get govt help.

Why industry allows trainees to lose potential up to 80k or have to pay again because it's not regulated. Why is it?

In the next 2-3 years I think we will see a decline of entrants into the system followed by more collapsing training organisations. Purely because young people will no longer be interested if things continue to spiral, I have seen the next generation in the education system and they are very different. Largely product of the last labour government but that's a whole new topic!