PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 3 The new beginning
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2012, 17:07
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really do hope we're not getting into another slanging match gentlemen.

I cannot reveal all I know for reasons of confidentiality, but the SEN management bear absolutely no blame for this shambles. They fully expected the flight to operate this morning and received no prior notification whatever that it wouldn't. The first they knew about it was when the flight plan was cancelled soon after it had been received by ATC this morning. They made efforts today to find out if any pax were booked on the SEN-DRS so that they could assist them when they arrived to check in.

davidjohnson6's observations as to the reasons for SEN not promoting the service are basically correct and, as it turns out, this has proven a wise move on their part.

Edit: No, they was no cake.

OLT's future is surely likely to be in serious trouble if this is a reflection of their operational philosophy and it is certainly not the way to run any airline worthy of the name. In view of the experience of the people behind the 'new' OLT Express Germany I am extremely surprised and disappointed in feeling the need to say that.

Last edited by Expressflight; 15th Oct 2012 at 17:08. Reason: additional response to new post