PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2012, 16:04
P330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 or 4 things....

Ok, all of my comments are small fry in the scheme of things but nevertheless, relevant and I guess we're into talking about such small detail now....

DTVA Airport - Still interested to hear on the projected optimism from his posts - is something in the offing?

Sycamore - Two 737s arrived this afternoon for scrapping. In terms of increasing revenue but from non-passenger operations, this kind of thing has to be positive - even if it doesn't give the passenger numbers a lift.

Troops - Over the last few weeks, we've seen at times daily 777 and A330 movements. How are these captured? Do they compare well v last year? Its got to bring some revenue for the airport?

KLM - Firstly, pleased to see an improvement, particularly when last year we still had the Saturday night/Sunday morning service, so we're seeing an increase based on fewer rotations. Another quirk here is KLM's recent change of policy on business class seating, meaning no business class passenger is sat next to another on Euro flights. So, when we're looking at load factors, remember that 5 rows of business seats means 10 less seats to fill (2 empty seats per row). I was on a Friday afternoon flight back to Teesside a couple of weeks back and I have never seen business so full - we must have had 10 rows of Europe Select. I know the flight was fully booked - yet the load factor will probably tell you it had 60 seats out of 80 filled...which is 75%. So, when analysing the loads...we have to be mindful that 80% could be a dream scenario and low loads but a high quantity of business passengers is likely a bigger driver on the bottom line.

(BTW - 10 rows in business is probably an exception - never seen it like that and I travel KLM at least twice a month).