PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cumbria Helicopter crash discussion
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2012, 15:23
toptobottom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
uk104, well said - see my post #150, before the AAIB report was published. I would hope that the vast majority of subscribers are here to learn and not troll.

I think that all that has been said on this thread is all that can be said , so this will be my last post.

Isn't this the whole point of PPRuNe - to learn? It certainly is for me.

There are all sorts on this forum: PPLs, CPLs, ATPLs, owners/operators, engineers, ATCs, CAA staff, journalists, insurers, instructors, students, handlers and so on. Some have lots of hours, some have none. Some ferry VIPs around, some spray crops, some go to war. Some sit in armchairs waiting to flick peanuts at the first opportunity. Not one of us will ever know it all, but if you're interested in learning then IMO there isn't a better place to do it.

If someone posts an opinion in good faith, then they shouldn't be flamed for it - that will just stifle debate. If someone posts an experience that they know was wrong, they should be thanked for sharing that experience so others can learn from it, not lambasted and labelled an idiot. If an opinion can be changed for the better through someone else's experience, then use this forum to educate with a mature and measured response instead of the pompous and emotional rhetoric that so often ensues. We will all learn and become safer pilots.

We still don't know what went wrong for Mark although we have our suspicions; hopefully time will tell. I am also grateful to have learned a lot from this thread, so at least something +ve has come out of Mark's death.