PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cumbria Helicopter crash discussion
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2012, 14:13
md 600 driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TC did you also read the report ??
where did it say??

in maintaining the a/c log book.

His unadulterated removal of the fire warning panel in the cockpit because ot wasn't working properly. [[strong words it said there was a fire warning device fitted when the aircraft was under faa control i am not sure if all authoritys mandated this upgrade i have flown aircraft on uk register with no fire warning ever been fitted and i think all serbian gazelles [the source of the 111B engine ]] dont have any fire warning fitted , ]] so maybe it was not required anyway

His fiddling of night flying log book entries. [[ i thought the report said no log book was found]]

His turning of a blind eye when the maintenance organisation didn't do their jobs properly. cant even find reference to this

also when you flew uk military military gazelles did you know that your engine the 111n2 was also not a certifable engine similar to the 111B

i think everyone knows why marks accident happened , it was a major error of judgement which mark paid the ultimate price i would also like to think if mark had a passenger the flight would not have happened as i think the risk factor would have been too much

cant this be put to bed once and for all and it be a reminder to all of us about pushing the envelope and when not to fly

and yes i was one of them that had a quiet word with mark and i also have to live with thought i should could have said more !!!!

Last edited by md 600 driver; 15th Oct 2012 at 14:17.