PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a professional pilot, and finding a job
Old 19th Jan 2003, 22:15
DBChopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, kissmysquirrel may have been a tad blunt, but I'm inclined to agree with the sentiment.

Having made the decision to follow the heli-route, so to speak, I gave some consideration as to how to get some independant advice. I won't mention any company names, but after a chat with them I decided that I could do my own homework without paying someone else (who is NOT truly independant, let's be honest) to do the work for me.

Firstly, try joining an excellent organisation called AOPA - they very kindly answered a number of questions for me and pointed me in the right direction. Secondly, go and chat to the people who provide the training. Despite what the consultants may tell you, people who fly helicopters are generally very nice (generally...) and you can make your own mind up about them with the benefit of a few comparisons. I have flown with large and small companies around the SE while building hours and can recommend a few. Send a private message if you're interested, so I don't upset any fragile egos.

Just a word of warning if you choose the heli-route... it's damned addictive!

DBChopper