PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2012, 00:46
Route Papa 45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,

As you can see from my post count, i don't come here often! Firstly let me say good luck to you all but it sadly doesn't come down to luck very much. If you can 'do it' then you can 'do it', if not then it's not likely you'll make it (or want to make it for that matter) as a controller.

Try not to get hung up on how long it's been since you last heard from nats as they can be spectacularly inefficient as well as very timely with their communications sometimes. Practice on the selection tests appears to be so well documented here already that i won't repeat the good work of others but revision of sorts is never wasted. I'd always encourage someone who loves the idea of an atc career to persevere if they don't make it the first time around but believe me when i say that some very intelligent folks have fallen at every hurdle and some no-hopers seem to have slipped through the net too!

I'd encourage everyone to try again at least once if they fail at some stage (i did after all and survived a college recourse too) but be aware that the hard work really starts at College and only gets harder with UVC's and live training.

As for the "shall i, shan't i" email/phone call/letter etc then i promise, nobody is being paid enough money to care whether or not your application success hinges on it!

Once again, best of luck, it's a fabulous career that awaits!