PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus SR22 Chute Pull - (Post landing Video) Birmingham Alabama 6th Oct 2012
Old 14th Oct 2012, 22:25
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am only using your interpretation of when to use the chute as an example and trying to have a discussion on possible pitfalls with that policy.So please do not take it personally as I know others hold your view!

In the past and present individual chutes are used to abandon an unflyable aircraft or one where the pilot has irretrievably lost control hence glider pilots and aerobatic pilots carry chutes!

This is a different concept to the normal use of a chute as now the arguement is to use the chute with a perfectly flyable aircraft!

I do not know? You maybe right but surely this new concept needs and deserves discussion without such sensitive protectionism at anyone who dares question the sensibility or possible pitfalls in such use of a chute.

Normally if anything major goes wrong with the jet I fly it is straight to the emergency checklist or the flight manual and then to follow the manufacturers procedures for dealing with it!

Not so in this case.

Nowhere does the manufacturer state engine failure pull the chute or even worse pull the chute regardless of the situation.

I am sold on the Cirrus and the OPTION of a chute I am not convinced of its use other than for a true unflyable emergency so convince me and as a matter of fact convince the manufacturer too.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 14th Oct 2012 at 22:36.