PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dennis Kenyon
Thread: Dennis Kenyon
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2012, 19:52
Dennis Kenyon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Big 'Eight Oh'

Ah ... dear gentlemen out there. My apologies for not being able to acknowledge Savoia's birthday tribute having decided to spend my 'eightieth' in the sun. Some deity in Corfu felt he should also mark the occasion by arranging for my 737 to receive a pretty hefty lightning strike on take off which delayed my return and the writing of these words. Fellow pruners, I don't quite know how to respond to your posts ... but perhaps just to say I became a little emotional and hung my head with something of a tear when reading your super comments. I don't deserve them all.

I've loved my helicopter flying, and apart from the personal horror of losing my son in March 2000, I can still say the last twenty years have been the most enjoyable of my flying career. Much of this is due to many of you guys (and a few gals) out there who I have met, worked and flown with over the years and whose company has given me so much pleasure. I can even take pleasure from Savoia's friendly jibes and indeed feel privileged to be his target. Ours is a wonderful industry ... so many professionals, great personalities, characters and general fun guys. In the nicest way, I love you all and close by saying 'thanks' ... As some of you will know, I am still flying and displaying for that matter and if the good Lord allows may even be doing the same when my 'Big 90' arrives.

God bless you all and safe flying for ever. Dennis Kenyon.