PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 3 The new beginning
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2012, 18:01
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just returned home this afternoon.

My thoughts on OLT are that that no one outside their organisation knows exactly what their future plans are; possibly they are still quite fluid. As I understand it the DRS-SEN will operate daily from tomorrow until the end of the German holiday period on 4 November, and then be suspended until March 2013 and recommence after that. The SCN-SEN will operate from 2O November, also just for the duration of the German holiday period and will then be suspended with a view to recommencing in March 2013.

It's worth noting that a number of the other previously announced new routes within Europe are also being put back until next March. It is perhaps a combination of seasonal factors, lack of adequate marketing time and a poor website for anything other than the German market that has caused this rather unfortunate rethink. The original plans seemed to have been born out of a desire to keep the Contact Air F100s busy; perhaps they now see grounding some over Winter as the more prudent commecial decision.

Edit: I see that DRS-SEN will also operate over the Christmas period according to their website.

Last edited by Expressflight; 14th Oct 2012 at 18:06. Reason: Additional info