PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2012, 14:39
Pow-wow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello again alby,

Thanks, I understand now what you are saying. I respect your point of view, and of course its a valid opinion, but I still have trouble seeing it as a viable option right now.

By the looks of things, the current movement seems to be about any of the following factors:

Cutting the fat off Cargolux's operations, staff, network and getting rid of a long running "gravy train" that in certain departments must be costing the company a fortune !

Qatar systematically taking over Cargolux's routes, rights and customers. At the same time using their expertise to set Qatar up nicely.

Qatar establishing itself perfectly in a global cargo market, where it was lacking behind on its competitiors - Emirates and Ethihad.

Personally, I think they are out to do just about anything they need to, to get the last point done ! They are in fierce competition with the other operators down there to take a share of the cargo market.
So what better way, then to use Cargolux as your european hub, copy its expertise, utilise its route network and at the same time finding somewhere to use those rumoured 30+ A330 pax aircraft ready for cargo conversions.

All this should tie in nicely with the opening of the new cargo centre down in Doha this year on 12.12.12. Coincidence that they are here ?!? Nope !

Sorry but looking at all other scenarios, this one seems the most likely to me. Thats why I find the whole Cargolux Italia scenario implausible.
I believe they are concentrating their efforts at Cargolux in Luxembourg and the Doha cargo operation of Qatar and new cargo centre there.
I have no idea what this ultimately means For all of us at Cargolux and Cargolux Italia. And I am certainly no expert on any of this. This is only my opinion based on what little we have been told and what little common sense I still have I am probably completely wrong !

So you can see that they have achieved the perfect storm. No one knows for sure where the ship is headed right now and there is precious little information coming from the helmsmen.

I agree with you, that right now everyone needs to stick together and not panic. If they should achieve any "divide and rule" then we are already at step one of getting shafted !