PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2012, 08:27
Pow-wow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello alby,

I think that may be a little bit too much wishful thinking.

Are you saying that Cargolux Italia will be operating all the current Cargolux aircraft out of Milan or Luxembourg ?
Because I dont quite see how the whole operation would work successfully from Milan !?!
What about pilots to fly the aircraft ? How many non Cargolux guys are 747-8 rated ?!?

I'm sorry but it makes no sense what so ever !

Honestly, at the moment I think the focus is on Cargolux at Luxembourg, and making it more competitive (apparently)

The articles on the internet now range from anything involving Cargolux operating with 4 aircraft and masses of pilots being laid off, to fleet restructuring and maintenance being outsourced.

Personally I think the articles are the result of misinformed employees and some clever managers leaking bogus information to the media to create all this hype and scaremongering.

At this time absolutely no one in the work force knows for sure what the hell is going on, because the powers that be have done something very clever already.

If you want to control any group of people, the easiest way to do it is FEAR !
You tell them that their jobs, livelihood, families and financial situation is in danger, and people start panicking !
You do this with the media, which is the most powerful tool nowadays.
Once you have put the worst possible scenarios in the media, you then do absolutely nothing !
No communication with the workforce, no meetings (apart from top level closed door ones), no information !
This creates even more outrageous rumours fuelling the fear and panic.

By this stage people are expecting the absolute worst from the situation, and anything that the management bring to the table after this will "not seem that bad".
Everyone is glad to "have a job" and completely forgets how many long fought for perks and conditions have been lost, because the relief of keeping their jobs pushes all that into the background.

Also have a look at this man's view of things:

http://egidethein.********.sg/2012/1...r-11-2012.html

For all of our sakes, Cargolux and Cargolux Italia, I hope that people retain some common sense and that we dont just become more pawns in a political and financial pissing ground !

Last edited by Pow-wow; 14th Oct 2012 at 08:31.