PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC application tests
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2003, 18:35
PhilLUFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I attended the tests last tuesday at the kemble street, london building (why there when I live closer to manchester I'll never know). I wish I had access to the link posted above or even known about pprune before the gatwick controller guy there on the day told us.

The whole day is a bit intense with a lot of questions but as stated above the time scale is the real killer as the questions aren't overly difficult.

I didn't find the boxes difficult at all but they were a lot simpler than the ones in the link above as at most there were 2 similar sides per shape (very similar to the test paper they send out) . There are also plenty of questions on each shape so once you have figured out how 2 edges fit together it can answer 4 or 5 questions.

It was the basic error checking ones that got me, not difficult until you have to do 40 in 5 minutes, starting with 3 digit numbers and reaching 6-8 figures by Q40.

The diagramming got me as well but only due to time constraints although there was one that there didn't appear to be the answer I was looking for available! I changed my interpretation and then found out I was right initially so that cost me some time (shouldn't have worried about the odd one and got on with it).

I hear that you need 70% a test to pass, can anyone confirm this?

Phil