PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Squadron History Custodian Requests Help
Old 13th Oct 2012, 22:28
seafuryfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAF Squadron History Custodian Requests Help

Hello all, as part of my squadron historian role (which I greatly enjoy) I've been authorised to produce some large framed pictures illustrating Sixty Squadron's history. Our squadron is still active, training student pilots and crewmen on the Griffin helicopter at RAF Shawbury.

I'm looking for high quality photos of specific types if anyone has them in their collections. I can't pay any cash I'm afraid, and I can't guarantee they'll be used, but will credit any photo used in the accompanying caption. Most importantly, your photo will help to inspire students as they pass through the squadron during their flying training. My thanks to a certain West Country gentleman for already assisting with the SEAC P-47.

I'm looking for colour or black and white photos, good enough for about 18" x 24" size, of the following types (air-to-air would be a bonus):

Nieuport 17, DH9, DH10, Wapiti (IAF Museum, I believe), Blenheim I (wait for the Duxford one?/temperate, black undersides ideally), Blenheim IV (temperate/light undersides), Hurricane IIc (in SEAC colours - BBMF PZ865 to oblige shortly?), Javelin (esp Tengah air-to-air), Andover.

Any contact details for furnishers of air-to-air images of the above would be appreciated.

Thanks chaps/chapesses, and please, if you can, make use of your treasured images!