PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - WHERE TO NOW?
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2012, 22:11
Trevor the lover

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Squawk 7600

Yes you did confuse poor Olive's post with mine. I am also happy to address your post.

Firstly, your post reminds me of when I first posted my experience. I instantly had some git come on and accuse me of being a staff traveller with a sense of entitlement. In fact, as I said, I was a fully paid J classer with a sense of entitlement.

But to your point - you have accused me of embellishing my story by using the "bread and water" analogy. Hear me - I was offered bread and water. Please don't suggest that because there was tea, coffee or juice available that everything was therefore ok. I didn't want tea, coffee or juice. At 0630 I wanted breakfast, I was hungry, and no amount of tea, coffee or juice makes the lack of a meal being available to a business class passenger acceptable.

As to the issue of posting this issue on PPRUNE. To me this website serves the same purpose as a smoky bar with a bunch of beers. It allows pilots and others who don' know each other to have a chat just like they would if they met up in a bar. We can discuss what's happening in our industry, the goods and the bads, job opportunities, who's gone where etc etc. Its not really a forum for getting Joyce or anyone else to listen to me -we know that doesn't work.

After my experience I sought out the airport manager in Brissy and told him of my experience. (makes me sound like an even bigger whinger, but I wanted feedback to get back to the ears closed management.) He was very upset at what he heard. he told me who to write to and I did. Guess what, the response was one of insincere regret and apology. But you know what - I bet the same sh!t will just keep happening.

Last edited by Trevor the lover; 13th Oct 2012 at 22:13.