PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2012, 17:30
Bristol_Traveller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just thought I'd pop my head in, with a couple of thoughts.

Germany may have got more difficult again, at least with Lufthansa. LH have decided that they will split their European business into two operations. LH (the existing company) will only operate European routes to/from FRA or MUC. All other European routes will move over to 4U (Germanwings) on 01JAN, on a "economy flying" model (aka, slightly upmarket LCC - akin to EZY, I would have thought). 30 aircraft will move from LH to 4U.

That would mean any BRS-FRA/MUC route would need to be operated by LH proper, with fares and revenue expectations probably set accordingly. Last time I checked, we were still under the curse of "close to LHR", with LH umming and erring about whether a route would be competitive against AF/KL, or just cannibalise existing LHR-FRA/MUC traffic.

The LH regular fliers are up in arms, etc.

Meanwhile, I'm going to be trying out using DUB as my starting point for longhaul on LH/*A, using EI for positioning. As well as avoiding UK APD, the fares on LH ex-DUB are substantially lower than ex-UK. It's just a shame that there's no mid-day EI flight - I have to find excuses for long meetings in DUB!